Sen. Wil Schroder Reviews The First Kentucky General Assembly Session
SPONSOR: OMEGA Processing Solutions
Recorded on Jan. 11, 2017.
· Senate Bill 3 will expand openness in government by making information about the retirement benefits state lawmakers open to viewing by the public.
· Senate Bill 5 will prohibit a woman from having an abortion if she is 20 weeks or more into a pregnancy.
· Senate Bill 6 will prevent employees from being enrolled in labor organizations or having money withheld from their earnings for union dues unless they give permission in writing.
· Senate Bill 12 will reorganize the University of Louisville board of trustees by establishing a new, 10-member board.
· House Bill 1 will make Kentucky a right-to-work state. Under this measure, membership in a labor union would optional instead of mandatory for workers at unionized workplaces.
· House Bill 2 will require a woman seeking an abortion to first undergo an obstetric ultrasound and receive a medical explanation of what that ultrasound shows. Women could decline to see the ultrasound images if they choose.
· House Bill 3 will repeal the state’s prevailing wage law. That action will remove a guaranteed base wage to construction workers on certain public works projects.
SPONSOR: Jami Anna Insurance Services